Hello! We built a new pc with 3.2 dual pentium D processor. We have had so many errors and the pc constantly restarts. Microsoft says there is no solution. Anyone got any ideas that might help? Thanks & have a blessed day.
Laura

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Please descibe these errors

When you built it did you cool the CPU?

The pentium D becomes very hot. Unles it has a fan and heatsink on it and a layer of white conductive material (thermal paste) between the CPU and the heatsink, the CPU will overheat and possibly cause permanant damage to itself as well as producing errors and reboots.

Yes this pc is cooled to the max. Most of the errors deal with Norton anti virus. But everytime it restarts I get a message that a serious error has occured and do I want to send a report to Microsoft. We did and they have no solution. I am wondering if I should reformat and install windows me and see if the restarting stops. Thanks
Laura

Yeah, try that. Or get rid of Norton, AVG or Avast work just as well and are free.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.