Hey everyone,I am running windows XP and for the last week it seems to be really slow and sluggish,and it keeps freezing,I did a defrag yesterday and a disk clean up,deleted cookies and emptied my recycle bin,and cleaned up some unused desktop icon's,other than this can anyone suggest anything else.

thanks,
Ally

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Hey everyone,I am running windows XP and for the last week it seems to be really slow and sluggish,and it keeps freezing,I did a defrag yesterday and a disk clean up,deleted cookies and emptied my recycle bin,and cleaned up some unused desktop icon's,other than this can anyone suggest anything else.

thanks,
Ally

How much RAM memory do you have (you can find this out under SYSTEM in Control Panel)

Have you got all the proper + newest drivers installed

Is windows updated?

what are the name of the last 3 programs you installed recently., look for a directory name prefetch in the windows\prefetch delete all the files , then chack ms config, stop services that are not needed.

, then chack ms config, stop services that are not needed.

Don't know why but Black Viper,and others around the net have advised said not to use msconfig to disable services ,to use services.msc [in run ] or in control panel admin tools

if u go into services and disable you will be boggled. too many stuff htere to deal with, its best in msconfig, staright foreward and can be easier enabled if you need to. msconfig only deals with startup programs that are install by user. services deals with every single service running on windws from it;s installed

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.