Help!
When I right click my screen to change the properties for screen saver or I go to my start, click on control panel and try to get into anything on the panel it says this:
"Windows can not find 'C:\WINDOWS\rundll32.exe'. You may have typed the name incorrectly n the run dialog, or anothe ropen program cannot find a system file. To search for a file, click the Start button, and then click search.
I HAVE DONE IT ALL!!!!!!!!
Other than that, my system runs well w/o it! It seemed like when it is "on" my system would freeze or crash. But where is it? I have McAFee, and AdaWare.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

run registry mechanic then post your hijack this log in the security forum. And if know one can tell you what to fix on ur log then try a system restore to before this problem happened.

Solution:
!!!DON'T FORGET TO BACKUP YOUR REGISTERY!!!

Remove following registry entry from your system using Regedit. Log-off and log back in.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]

Solution:
!!!DON'T FORGET TO BACKUP YOUR REGISTERY!!!

Remove following registry entry from your system using Regedit. Log-off and log back in.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]

Good luck

Thank you for the submission..

Welcome to Daniweb :)

just reinstall the os and everything will be ok... dont forget to back up all your data...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.