My Amilo has the same problem but it has it whenever I try to install any kind of operating system, I need any suggestions that might help!

I have noticed however that the laptop gets quite hot and fairly fast during installation. But when the laptop has a operating system installed it works perfectly stays on and stable. I have little knowledge of Laptops all of my knowledge has always been in PC's which I understand! Any suggestions for how to fully install XP with out it switching off would be very, very helpful! Thanks!

My daughter's Fujitsu N3010 was overheating so I took it apart and cleaned the heat sink/fan assembly and all the old silver paste. I then applied a new coat of Artec Silver paste and it now runs at about 52-55 Degrees Celcius.

I would highly recommend you check the heat sink/fan assembly and clean it, re-apply the Silver paste and it should run a lot cooler (assuming the fan works properly).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.