I just installed a new 80GB SATA Drive alongside my old IDE drive which holds my Windows XP installation. I used Partition Magic to format the new drive and clone my IDE partition to the SATA drive. When windows booted up it asked me to select which OS to run (since I now had to Windows installations). So I thought, ok, now I can format my IDE partition and use my SATA as the primary drive. I did this in Partition Magic and changed my SATA drive to C:. Then rebooted and now Windows is not starting, it says "Windows does not recognize the boot device, Please insert or select a proper boot device". What do I do now to boot up into Windows from my SATA drive? My old IDE drive is completely wiped clean since I copied the partition to the SATA drive. Please help because this is driving me crazy!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

can you boot in recovery console? you need to fix your master boot record. look here

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.