Hi, my laptop is freezing shortly after each startup, and i cant do anything on it.
It works in safe mode. if that helps any.
here is the dxdiag.txt

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 6/2/2010, 00:12:28
Machine name: KREEBONS-PC
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.100226-1909)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Acer
System Model: Aspire 5315
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 540 @ 1.86GHz, ~1.9GHz
Memory: 1024MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 1014MB RAM
Page File: 457MB used, 1580MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 32bit Unicode

Yeah so can anyone help me? i doubt its overheating, as my laptop is cool as ever .

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

First I see only 1gig of ram, Win7 recommendation is 2gig minimum to properly run Win7 when in safe mode only absolutely necessary windows files & drivers are being run so light memory load. try disabling Areo and other whistles & bells check start up folder and remove un-needed programs clear all temp files and clear desk top of anything but shortcuts. empty recycle bin in short clean out memory hogs and up grade memory. Later---

If you feel that your computer freezes at startup, then you can prevent programs from running at startup. You can disable those pro gramme which is not need to startup. To prevent program form startup Click on Start then on RUN and type msconfig. click on the startup tab.
Optimize your Internet Explorer regularly basis. Result of Browsing Internet Explorer making huge number of temporary files, cookies, and histories. It is another cause of slow performance of computer. If you want to make Internet Explorer run faster then you need to delete those temporary files.

Thank you for the tips guys, but none of that has worked, my laptop still freezes about a minute after startup, and only runs in safemode :(

Once again, in msconfig go to the startup tab and list them all please. Also under the services tab do the same but to make things easier put a check in the box where it hides the microsoft ones.

Hi reaper974

Could it be that you installed some new applications that is not Windows 7 compatible?

Regards,
Al

I agree with it being a program that starts but if you cant find it:

Just boot to safe mode backup your data use Dmailer Backup from http://www.dmailer-backup-software.com its free and will grab all your data and reinstall

Hello
Since the Windows boot in safe mode, this means a problem in Windows, some Windows files had been destroyed and therefore you must work to restore order to an earlier time so that before the emergence of the problem and can be accessed through
start, all program, Accessories, System Tools, System Restore
Any query my emial: fares1001_1@yahoo.com

In safe mode have you tried to restore to a earlier time or month? Also have you done a malware check? Malwarebyte.org free or norman malware remover?

I had exactly the same problem with my barnd new Windows 7 laptop. I very nearly threw it out the window. THe problem was the task bar. Windows 7 does not like the taskbar on 'Auto Hide'. If you turn this off all will work

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.