Please help! all my files are gone. i was using my laptop then closed it then i came back and nothing was there!!!!ive tried restoring my pc but that didnt work, i tried looking in the recycle bin... not there! and they arent hidden either! it can tbe a virus because norton said i was okay before i closed my laptop. please help!!!!!!!!!! i am running windows 7 pro.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Obviously all of your files aren't gone or your system wouldn't be running. How is your system partitioned? Where were the files that you can no longer find? Have you run the disk management console (diskmgmt.msc) to see what the disk info is? What version of Windows are you running? Have you tried a reboot?

You can go to the folder where your files is loacted. Go to folder option and click show hidden files. If that fail I think you may need to use file recovery software to recover those files.

A good bit of information to provide would be what software you used to perform the restore. Windows has a built in restore and so does HP, Lenovo and other third party companies.

To share a horror story, I did a restore on my friends HP that promised to leave her personal files in tact when indeed -- it didn't. Lets hope this wasn't the case for you.

u can download hieren's v. 16 and recover any kind of files

Is your antivirus up to date and registered? For we need to acertain if there is a malware (if so) remove it before taking any other action.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.