help me on this people. i opened my computer this morning and found my self unable to boot my windows OS, what happens is it show XP loading then after loading it just go black and then a liite more wait it turns blue like the chkdsk then hang. so i boot in my open suse OS then used seatool to check my hard drive. this is the result:

Starting generic long (full sequential verify) test (312581807 blocks) on drive /dev/sg0 (^C will abort test)
Sequential Test 5 % complete on drive /dev/sg0
Sequential Test 10 % complete on drive /dev/sg0
Sequential Test 15 % complete on drive /dev/sg0
Sequential Test 20 % complete on drive /dev/sg0
Sequential Test 25 % complete on drive /dev/sg0
Sequential Test 30 % complete on drive /dev/sg0
Sequential Test 35 % complete on drive /dev/sg0
Sequential Test 40 % complete on drive /dev/sg0
Sequential Test 45 % complete on drive /dev/sg0
Sequential Test 50 % complete on drive /dev/sg0
Sequential Test 55 % complete on drive /dev/sg0
Sequential Test 60 % complete on drive /dev/sg0
Sequential Test 65 % complete on drive /dev/sg0
Sequential Test 70 % complete on drive /dev/sg0
Sequential Test 75 % complete on drive /dev/sg0
Sequential Test 80 % complete on drive /dev/sg0
VERIFY failed on block 254119936 Sense data = 03/11/04
TEST FAILED at block -1079969932 on drive /dev/sg0

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

you have a bad sectors,Can you get it to boot into safe mode?

If you can get into safe mode go to start - run and type in SFC /scannow.

i cant get it to boot to safe mode.. does it mean my hard drive is broken? coz it is still under warranty maybe i can still let them fix/change my hard drive.

It's a segate drive right.

and you did a diagnostics and it failed if it is under warranty i would have it replaced.

yeah if will need replacing. get a new one if its still under warranty but you may also want to consider just buying another brand as seagates seem to be more prone to dying prematurely than other drives in my experience

actually my drive is samsung i used seagate tool because samsung needs floppy disk and i dont have a floppy drive. thanks everyone

is there a way to recover those bad sector so that i can boot into windows?

probably not, the click of death indicates its a physcial error

hey everyone i just logged on my windows in normal mode, what can i do to fix it? help me.

please give me links to free softwares that i can use to diagnose my hardisk. thanks

in windows right click on the hard disk in my computer and choose properties then the tools tab

choose check for errors

if it says something like do you want to make it scan at next boot then choose YES

thanks for the help! this problem is resolved. thanks

if its clicking you should really get an new hdd

Not necessarily. The hard disk could have had magnetic, as opposed to physical damage. Reformatting fixes that (and erases everything, so back up first). Power failures often cause magnetic damage.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.