I upgraded to Windows XP and now there is no CD-ROM drive in my computer-- how do I get it to work?

Thanks, michelle

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Classic, classic, classic problem!

The solution is very simple! Just goto this website: http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_cd_dvd_fix.htm and download "xp_cd_dvd_fix.vbs", you cant miss it, its the first link on the page. Save it to your desktop, and when its done downloading, double click it. When it finishes, restart your computer. Volla! Problems should be fixed! You can now go ahead and delete the file you saved to your desktop. BTW thanks for joining :-).

Tekmaven

hai
so u r winxp version os is not detecting cd rom nd its not displaying,do some simple teste i say
1.open the cpu cabnet and check wether datacale of cdrom is connected properlly,and power cable and that datacable to motherboard also check properlly,if u cant check with a tecnision,if no some problem replace datacable
2.if above thinks r connected properlly then upgrade u r computer win xp,u r problems will be solved.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.