I'm in great trouble.Both of my administrator accounts in Windows(safe mode,normal etc.) are password protected and my problem is that I've forgotten d password.Is there any way I can regain access to my system's contents?

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

I am afraid that you will have to try repairing your installation of windows, or re-installing if that fails, it is imperitive that you remember the admin password, if you cant just dont set it, most users dont know its there anyways.

I'm in great trouble.Both of my administrator accounts in Windows(safe mode,normal etc.) are password protected and my problem is that I've forgotten d password.Is there any way I can regain access to my system's contents?

You can use a program called ERD Commander from Winternals but it's not cheap.

Depending how you feel about things like downloading from warez site you could look for it there but if you do it is on YOUR conscience :twisted:

If you have forgotten the administrator password for windows, then there is no way u can reset it, though there might be some 3rd party utilities available. Sometime back I had faced similar prob. and after looking on the net I had got hold of a linux utility, which is free, and needs to burned on the CD for boot. It surely resets the passwords. try nt_pass

if availiable, use a password reset disk. if not, use a third party program to hack into your own pc. if that yields no luck, unfortunately all u can do is do a system recovery or reinstall windows.

Did u back up ur data? if so, ur in luck. if not, u learned a new lesson the hard way about frequent backups!

Remember: BACKUP, BACkup, backup

i have disk can rest ur password if u want

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.