Hi everyone,

I was formatting my computer and suddenly this message appeared on the screen.

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent further damage to your computer.

KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR

If this is the first time you’ve seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows update you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advance Startup options, and then select safe mode.

Technical Information:

*** STOP: 0x0000007A (0xC03E619C, 0xC0000185, 0xF9867156, 0x0C1EF860)

*** Ntfs.sys – Address F9867156 base at F980D000, DateStamp 41107eea

Beginning dump of physical memory
Physical memory dump completes.
Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance.

My computer specifications are shown below:

Pentium 4 1.6 GHz
Asus Motherboard
256 MB RAM
20 GB hard disk
32 MB AGP graphics card

Now when I start the computer, I am unable to load the operating system. This happens because the error above occurred while I was formatting and the installation of windows is not complete. I tried installing the Windows XP with SP2 again but the same error message appears.

I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me how to rectify this problem. Thanks a lot in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

I belive that this is a tell tail sign of bad ram, but I am not 100% sure, more like 80ish%. The only way to test this out with out an Operating System would be to bring it to a friends/family's house or somthing of the sort. And trying to install windows with there stick if ram. IF it is a succsess all what you would have to do is buy a new stick.

If would like for me to reword this post just tell me.

You formatted the hard disk, and then wonder why it won't boot?

Formatting erases the entire disk. You erased the operating system from the hard disk. It can't boot because there is nothing on the disk to boot from.

You have a totally empty computer. It's just like it was the day it came off the factory assembly line, before anyone put any software into it. The only thing it know is the BIOS settings and the boot ROM. It's like a newborn baby: It has to learn everything.

You now have to reinstall windows from your original system disks, then apply all of Microsoft's patches to bring it back to today's version.

After that, you then have to reinstall all of the other software you had from the distribution disks, or from internet downloads for the ones you downloaded.

After that, you have to rebuild your folders and copy all of your data files back onto the hard disk from your backup disks.

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time your've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer, If this screen appears againg, follow these steps:

Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed hard drives on hard drive controllers. Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated. Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.

Tecnical Information:

***stop:0x0000007B (0xF7C64524, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000; 0X00000000)

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time your've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer, If this screen appears againg, follow these steps:

Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed hard drives on hard drive controllers. Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated. Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.

Tecnical Information:

***stop:0x0000007B (0xF7C64524, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000; 0X00000000)

interesting ,is there a question in there somewhere

i have the same proble. help!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.