hello
I have a problem with a laptop running xp. Its my nephews so i cant give a detailed version of what happened. when the laptop started i think there may have been a scandisk going on, but my nephew panicked and switched off the laptop from the power button. Now i
all i am getting is the four options start windows normally safe mode etc etc. i have tried all options, windows gets as far as the windows splash screen, there is a quick flash of a blue screen too quick to read error message then back to the options again I ran chkdsk which reported errors and repaired them, but still same problem. There is no recovery disk for this machine the o/s came pre installed, i have a retail version but am unsure if i can use this to repair windows.
Any ideas much appreciated
Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Boot to the option cammand prompt type in SFC /SCANNOW if it ask for the disc put in your retail disc if it is the same as his Home or PRO.

Thanks for the reply
The option of safe mode with command prompt still wont go any further, tries to boot, flash of blue screen and then back to the four options

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.